Monday, March 2, 2009

What a weekend!

Carolyn is going to hate this picture of her, but she was holding baby "A" and she is such a doll! We had such busy weekend. It started on Friday with a meeting with all of the daughters, dad and the health care workers for mom so that we have an idea of what to expect for mom and what the options are. On Saturday, the sister's had a "tool" shower for Tyler and a bridal shower for Anya and then that night, Jeff and I had our group party. I was whipped!

"B" doesn't like to open his eyes when you take his picture. He is such a doll and a cuddly little man. He just makes you smile!
Kyle was holding "B" and his son "C" wanted to be held too.
Dianna has the neatest room for her grandchildren to play in. There are some stairs that take you into a room and then there is a slide for the children to go down. She has painted it so cute and there are a lot of fun toys to play with. I want to have a room like this for my babes!
Jen and Brittany at the shower. Katelyn took the pictures and the only one of Anya wasn't the best of her because she was in the middle of eating, sooooooo.
Okay, the next couple are of a helmet that Hunter made. The pics don't do it justice and it is made of cardboard. He then put tape and putty and then painted it. It has lights and really does look like a Halo helmet. He put it on KSL to sell and I really want him to keep it.

His brain and the way it works never ceases to amaze me!
Saying "good-bye". It just proves that no matter how old you get, how much you "think" you know or how independent you think you are, you always need and love hugs from you mom & dad!
Mom remember Carolyn I think the most since she is the "baby" of the family. I am so glad that mom does because Carolyn has been going through some tough times and even though mom doesn't remember much, she gave, with clarity, gave Carolyn some needed advice. It was one of those little miracles that we are still blessed with.
Okay, we don't look great as we had all been crying, and we were doing the "model" pose, but it was fun to get a pic with all of the girls and dad. The only thing that would have been better is if mom had been there.

3 comments:

Megan said...

I am so bummed that I missed the shower. Hopefully you have lots more pictures that I can see. :) It looks like it was lots of fun. :)

Tara Chase said...

You got a lot of cute pictures at the shower. Your desserts were fabulous. Awesome helmet that Hunter made, he must be pretty creative. And I love the pictures of Grandpa and all the girls, way cute.

FRYER FAM said...

your dad is so stinking cute! & look at all those sisters. how fun.