There are a lot of pictures here, so I apologize early. Many more that I didn't put on. My dad takes such good care of my mom, who is struggling with her memory, that he needs a chance to get away. Plus, mom needs to have a change of scenery as well! Pat had some days that he could take him fishing so I took them up to Island Park. (Thank you everyone that helped me out to make it possible!) The rail on back porch broke during the winter and dad always likes a project. Pat and dad fixed it and re-enforced the others. They just got back from fishing and dad is wearing his "goofy" had and is dressed for winter. It was a bit chilly in the mornings and evenings and it even rained. When they fished the second day, it rained and hailed on them. Hence, the winter wear!We painted mom's nails and Deneice was telling mom what pretty fingers she had and they were comparing hands. I think they BOTH have pretty hands.


View of the Tetons as we were coming home. I was driving and so it isn't the best picture, but it was so clear since it rained compared to the haze on our way there.
Dad working on the rails again.
After one of our YUMMY meals! It was just the girls and we were being silly.
Mom and Deneice dancing!
Dad, remove the hat!
Deneice was crocheting the cutest burpies.
Taking a walk on the road in front of the cabin.
Swinging the hips. (See the video below and I am sorry it is sideways.)
Yes, I was there! It doesn't matter how old you get, you are never to old to cuddle with your mom.
The great fisherman returns home.
The first day we were there and we were feeding the squirrels. I think it was Hammy! :) (Katey understands that one) Mom is usually always cold while the rest of us were just right.
See, there he is!
Only the best MOM is the world! I pray that she NEVER forgets how much she is loved by all of us. I miss having her say my name, but she told me on this trip, "I like you. You are a good friend. I wish that I could run and play like you can." We said prayers, sang primary songs, did Itsy Bitsy Spider together. Oh my beautiful mother.............."I often go walking, in meadows of clovers. And I gather arm fulls of blossoms so blue. I gather the blossoms, the whole meadow over. Dear mother, all flowers, remind me of you!" That is one of her favorite primary songs and we gathered wild flowers and leaves together on this trip too. I love you mom!
Dad checking out the beautiful new fence around the property. And, he is the greatest DAD too! Dad, thanks for all you do and I know that you know that we love and appreciate you so much. The measure of success is how a person is loved by their family, and dad.........you are LOVED! There is nothing more important that you could ever leave us than your testimony of the gospel and love for the Lord as well as the knowledge that you love our mother and all of us. Everything else is second to that. Oh dad, I love you!
Our first night's meal. It was Cornish Game Hens with an apricot glaze, stuffing, fresh green beans and fried zucchini squash. YUM!
Go you sexy things you!
I am so grateful that I got to spend some time with some of the people that I love the most in a place that I love just as much. Thanks again to all of my friends, family and neighbors that picked up the slack so that I could be there with my parents. We all had a great time. Thank you, thank you, thank you!




4 comments:
Oh man...that hat of grandpas is a keeper! :)
I started to cry when you said that you missed hearing Grandma say your name. I miss her. :)
I love you and it looks like you had fun spending time up there!
Very touching post Lisa! Man, I sure do miss Island Park...
Thanks Jen and Meg. It is really fun up there and this trip was very emotionally and mentally draining. I just love my parents so very much. Jen, let's pinch our pennies and get a cabin up there again. I was looking at realty books while there and we could get one that would fit our families and a few friends for say, 600,000 on up. Chump change, right?!
Whoa! My mom can shake those hips of hers huh? I'm sure she'll be happy to know that the video is on the internet. ha ha! I'm glad you guys had fun at the cabin. I miss you all! Love you!
Post a Comment