Sunday, September 21, 2008

'Ole Puffy Hand.....

........Son of 'Ole Lisa! Hunter has been wanting all summer to go paint balling and he finally got a group that went out yesterday. He had a great time, that is until a Yellow Jacket or two decided that he tasted pretty good. Yellow Jackets are very aggressive this time of year. Any way, last night he wasn't to swollen to much but this morning when he got up he could hardly bend his wrist and fingers. They got him once or twice on his wrist and on his little finger. And of course, it is his right hand, the hand he writes with.



By Sunday evening, it was getting pretty red and going up his arm. He has been icing it up, taking Ibuprofen for the pain and Benedryll for the itching, etc.
He marked his arm because there is a definate bump where the swelling stops so that we could see if it still is moving up his arm. None of the pictures show it very well, but there is a definite bump on his forearm. Whenever the kids get hurt, I joke about rubbing some dirt into it. I wish he had put some mud on it yesterday as soon as it happened as they say that does help. I just hope he doesn't get an infection like I did when I got nailed on my ankle several years ago. I'll keep everyone posted.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Holy cow! I didn't even know he got stung...see, now is it okay that I freak whenever I see a bee?! :)

I'm Jenny said...

Hunter hope you feel better!!!