Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Curb and Gutter Saga Continues

Honestly, the company that has been working in front of my house has done a great job and actually it has moved along quickly. Yesterday morning as I was leaving for breakfast with the girls, they were driving on my new driveway in a huge front end loader with a big bucket of dirt. We have't even driven on it as it was just poured a week ago and we wanted to keep it clean so that we could seal it in a couple of weeks. They were just on the end and I looked at the guy and said, "So I guess we can drive on it now?" He just shook his head yes. When I got home a couple of hours later, this is what I found. Crap dirt, filled with a boat load of rocks. It is supposed to be top soil and all of the these marks on our driveway along with big oils drips! My blood pressure went up a tad and I called the city to make sure that it wasn't them who was doing the work. No, it was the same company that poured the driveway and curb and gutter.
Now, I know that we will leave some marks and perhaps drip oil on it when we start using it, but don't you think that we should have been able to do that?! We have been babying this driveway and wanted to seal it in a couple of weeks. For heavens sake, they could have dumped the dirt on the corner from the street and used wheel barrows to move the dirt around! They did the same thing on our neighbors new drive way. We have waited for 16 years for this?





Check this beauty out! They cracked the c & g approach for the driveway. When I pointed it out to the worker, he said that is the city's responsibility and they would have to fix it. I looked at him like, are you serious? You just poured it last week and no one had driven on it until you did in your huge oil dripping truck. You broke it, you FIX it! The city came and looked at it and they are a bit angry and said that they would not accept the job. They told me that if they can't clean it up, they will make them replace it. Our yard looks like crap and we were really looking forward to start working on it. Oh well, in the grand scheme of things......and I am sure that when the owner of the company see it, and he will because he is meeting the city officials out here today, he will make it right.
Well, it looked really nice for about a week!

No comments: