Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Contest Update

Well, I thought that I would update you on the school district Biggest Loser contest. Last month, we picked teams with 5 people on each team. We had to keep track of what we ate, drank, exercise and sleep. We got points for each veggie and fruit, no treats, 6 hrs. of sleep per night, exercise, etc. Our team took second in the school and 4th in the whole district. The team that won had our P.E. teacher and Coach and he was leading their group with points. Anyway, congrats to them and I am a winner anyway because I have really stopped eating treats. I do however, crave salty things every once in a while.

The newest contest started April 1st and will go until May 10th. We have to exercise for at least 4 days a week for 30 minutes. My first week I got in 205 minutes. The second week was 255 minutes. Week 3 was 488 minutes. So far this week, 318 minutes. I am really enjoying doing it. I have to get up in the morning about 4:45 and then I can do it before the kids leave for school. If I wait and do it later in the morning, it seems like I get distracted and start doing other things and then I have a late start on the whole day. I will keep you all posted on my progress. Keep a good thought for me!

3 comments:

The Garner's said...

Mom that really is so great to hear!! Im so excited for you and for the progress you have made so far, and I know there will be much more to come!! Keep up the great work! And I wish a whole ton of good thoughts for you, you can do it! :)

Tara Chase said...

Hey Lisa, good job. Keep up the good work. Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier. I do not know how to text, I know retarded huh. Well the vinyl place is this www.taylormadevinyl.com let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks

I'm Jenny said...

Way to go Lisa!!