Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas Morning with the Family!

Christmas was great this year, as it is every year. I just love my family and love being together. It can get a bit noisy and crazy, but I wouldn't trade that for anything in the world.
I am so grateful that our Heavenly Father loves us so much that he sent down His Son for us. I read my sweet nephews blog and about some of the traditions that they have started and it just reminded me that I need to focus more on the reason for the season and I would enjoy it much more. I was really on top of it as far as being ready and having gifts wrapped ahead of time so I was able to just set back and soak in being with my family.
We got Preston a remote controlled car. He had a ball with it and can control it really well.



Hunter checking himself and his new straps for his pod belt for paint balling.



Sophie enjoying her new Christmas bone. She found protection from the kiddos in Jeff's lap. He acts like he doesn't like dogs that much, but when she is around, it is amazing to me what he will let that little dog get away with.


See what I mean! I never thought I would live to see the day when he would let a dog lick his face. What an old softy!

Jen and Scott got this for Hunter. It is a policeman's billy club. He was so excited.
Whatever!
A great ad for Clip It Up! :)

Sophie wasn't to sure about this gift for her.
But she looks so cute in it!
Each Christmas Preston and Mikelle love playing with my wooden Rudolf and so this year I made one just for them. I was so excited to give it to them. I hadn't painted for so long I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out. They loved it and.....it turned out great!

I was the most excited about this gift. It was the reindeer I had made. I think that next year I want to have a completely home-made Christmas. You have to put more thought into them and it is really fun to create.
This was before the married kiddos and grand kids got there. Hunter wanted a German Army coat that they had at Smith & Edwards. He was pretty excited when he opened it up. He wears it around the house all of the time.
Opening the stocking gifts from Santa
Jeff got a new pair of cowboy boots and he just loves the smell of new leather.
Hope everyone had a great Christmas and will have a Happy New Year!

No comments: