Okay, okay! I have been needing to re-paint the kitchen for some time and have had the new paint for a couple of years. We are having a group party at our house the first of December and I told Jeff that we needed to do it before then. (Nothing like a deadline or a party to get some work done in the house!) I also need to start making candy, so we (I) gave us a week deadline! We have also had ALL of the moldings because we wanted to change them out as well. We are putting bead board by these windows, etc. It will look great because Jeff always does such a wonderful job.
We would love to be able to re-place the windows, but it's just $$$$$! These are the old weights that are inside of the windows that keep them up. The upper part of the window is supposed to come down, but the have been painted shut so we got rid of the weights for them. They weigh 4 lbs. each. Any ideas what to do with them?
There was NO insulation and so Jeff sprayed some insulating foam. It should help keep the drafts down.
Just tearing off the moldings. We will repaint the floor as well. It really yellowed under the rug.
The really bad thing about this is that I would love to change out the tile and counter top too. I will keep you posted on the changes. Oh, did I mention that I LOVE my hubby?!




2 comments:
Loved the Halloween pics, and I can't wait to see the new kitchen!! Lucky girl!
The kitchen is going to look great...I'll let you know when I come up with a fun idea for the weights. :)
Post a Comment