and now you don't! You can see the bottom of our pines tree, and we had two of them, in the background of this picture. They were both about 70 feet tall and at least that many years old if not older. And this is what it now looks like............
Just stumps! Let me tell you the story. They were going to be removed this spring anyway and last Thursday morning we had a huge wind storm. One of our neighbors had their blue spruce completely uprooted and it was only 1/3 the size of our monsters. If ours ever blew over, and we had 3 of them do it already in the past due to wind, then they would land on and destroy the house and the garage. I called the city and told them that they could take them down now when they had the time to do it. On Monday, I subbed all day and when I got home, they were gone. I guess they had some time.
I did love the way that they looked with the house, but they were a danger and a mess. I think that I will miss the shade the most next summer!I would have loved to see how they did it because when we had the tree removed in the back a couple of years ago, the tree guys looked like monkeys climbing in the trees. My friend said that they just cut them off at the base, tied a big rope or chain around the bottom and drug them up the street to the "green dump" . I think it would have been funny to see.
Hunter said that the house looks "naked"! I have to agree that it does look a bit different. He also said that we are going to have to come up with another way to let people know where we live. We used to say, "We live on the corner with the huge pine trees."
The kids had some fun times playing under the trees and it is always sad to see them go. I feel bad for the little birds that no longer have their nests but we need to keep our nest safe too.





2 comments:
I saw they were gone I was sad for them too cause they were so pretty. Glad your house is safe now.
I will miss them to! Missed you at the meeting. Are you doing okay? I hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful. Take care.
Post a Comment