Thursday, December 31, 2009

Escaped goats!

I was talking with my sister Deneice this morning and I was looking out the window and I thought I saw some big dogs walking in front of my house. (It was hard to tell since the snow banks are quite high) They stopped at my trash cans and started butting into them. I said, "There are goats in front of my house by my garbage cans." Deneice just started laughing. I opened the door and yelled at them, thinking they would run back across the street and to the fenced area that they so cleverly escaped from, but they just looked at me like I was goofy. I got back on the phone and Deneice was laughing it up. I went to get my camera and when I got back, they were acrossing the street.
Many cars had to stop for them and you could tell that they didn't care at all. Then they started eating their owners tree. The snow bank is so high that they are just walking over the fence. I guess they have been getting loose since Christmas day. I just hope they don't get hurt.


I guess while I was looking for my camera after I yelled at them, they came up to the porch. They probably thought I was going to feed them. I have had moose tracks, deer tracks, dog and cat tracks, but now I have had goat tracks.
I started singing, "Bill Grogans goats, were bound to die. Ate three red shirts, from off the line. Bill got a stick, gave them a whack, and tied them to, the railroad track!" (For any of you that played the piano, this was a song that I learned. It wasn't nice, but hey, I didn't write it!)

1 comment:

Zach and Nikky said...

I can just hear my mom laughing now!