Well, Jeff, Hunter, Katelyn and I went to the cabin in Island Park this summer for several days and it is the best get-away that you could ever ask for. Pat and Deneice are such gracious hosts and you can do as much or as little as you want. We went to Playmill Theater in West Yellowstone, a family tradition, and saw Oklahoma. It was great! It was Katelyn's 12th birthday the day we left for the cabin and at Playmill, they always ask who in the audience is celebrating a B-Day or anniversary. We shouted out that she did and so she got to go on stage with other people and she sat on the knee of one of the male cast members as he sang to her. I could kick myself for not taking the camera but you probably wouldn't have been able to see her face as she was sooooooo red!
We went for a drive up to Sawtelle and here are some of the pictures of the wild flowers. It was so green up there this year at the end of July compared to other years. Well, it was snowing there in June so.................
Everything was so green and there were flowers everywhere.

Jeff, Katey and Hunter (doing his "I'm so sexy" pose) just hangin' out watching some T.V.
Pat took Hunter and I out for a day of fishing. We fished the Warm River to Aston and it was AMAZING! We had never fished there before and the fish were going crazy. We had tons of hits, but we were not fast enough. It also could have been that the scenery was gorgeous and we had never seen it before. There was a HUGE Bald Eagle watching us and basically, it was a slice of heaven on earth! Hunter and I were in a bit of a contest to see who could land the most fish. I got quantity (10)and he got quality (7)! Pat took some great photos of some that we caught and I will add them when he sends them to us. However, I did get a bit of sun. It was my fault as I didn't use sunscreen and it was only on my arms.
We do puzzles at the cabin and one of the puzzles had this shaped pieces. It was a pain because they don't stay together as well and because there as no distinguishing shapes, it was harder than you might think.
This is what is looked like when it was finished.




3 comments:
It looks like you guys had fun..we will definalty have to try and plan it earlier next year so we can go! :)
nice sunburn!! ouch!!!
Island Park is one of the most beautiful places on earth! We used to have a cabin up there and we went all the time. I miss it! Beautiful Wild Flowers! And Lisa - 2 words... Sun Screen! (or is that supposed to be one word?) :)
Post a Comment