Monday, October 27, 2008

The end of a wonderful trip.........

Well, once we left the Winter Quarters Temple and visitors center, I only took a few more pictures because, honestly, the landscape scenery isn't all that fantasticor interesting to me at least. The next couple are of a beautiful sunset shortly before we got to North Platte Nebraska which was our last stop before coming home.

Winter Quarters Temple
Winter Quarters Cemetery and memorial
Visitors center and monument to the pioneers
This monument is directly over some of the graves. There is another big, to big for a picture, marker with the names of those who died while there.
The temple

Goodbye Nauvoo. I hope to see you again and spend even more time there.
I wanted to say thank you to Jerry and Nedra for asking Jeff and I to take this journey with them. I hope that they will know just how much that it meant to Jeff and me. It was good to spend more time with them and to hear about their mission and the friends that they made while there. I know that they are anxious to get home but so happy to have been able to serve the Lord. We are thankful as a family for their safe return and for the health and strength they had while there. Thank you for your example and for your love. We love you and welcome home!

No comments: