Monday, October 27, 2008

More Washington D.C.

In the Capital Building, there are statues from every state of a person that was well known in that state. Here is Brigham Young.

This is in the main rotunda of the Capital.
I love the details of the buildings, etc. This is a drinking fountain outside of the Capitol. It was beautiful however, there was a sewer close by and it smelled like............so it wasn't at all tempting to get a drink from it.
Squirrels everywhere!
This is in front of the Capitol. I just thought it made a neat picture. I just marvel at the detail and knowing that it was all done without use of machines.
There were some of the bronze statues at the Franklin D. Roosevelt Memorial. It depicts men standing in lines looking for food or work. There were many wonderful quotes from him all around and it was a beautiful memorial for him.
View of the Capitol. (sorry out of sequence)
F.D.R. Memorial
The following is just one of the quotes engraved in the granite. It says..
"They (who) seek to establish systems of government based on the regimentation of all human beings by a handful of individual rulers call this a new order. It is not new and it is not order."
I think that all of our current government officials, and more importantly, those running for office need to truly go through and read the thoughts of those who served before them.
Everywhere you look, there are trees, trees, trees. It is gorgeous!
Another view of the Jefferson Memorial. I think that my favorite memorial was the Jefferson just because of th walk to it is covered by cherry trees, the water and although I felt very respectful of ALL of the monuments, it flet sacred there to me.
The World War II Memorial. Thank you dad and all those that fought and who continue fighting for the freedoms that I so richly enjoy today and that I grossly take for granted.
Lincoln Memorial
W.W. II Memorial
View of the Lincoln Memorial from the W.W. II Memorial
View looking up from the base of the Washington Memorial looking up
View from the Washington M. looking at the Lincoln M. with the W.W. II M. in the middle.
Washington Memorial
A quote in the Jefferson Memorial
Jefferson Memorial
Jefferson Memorial
Jefferson Memorial. When we got there, Jeff and I were the only ones.
Inside the Museum of Natural History. There is so much in there and we only had time to look that the main floor.
Museum of Natural History
Better view of the Smithsonian Castle


This picture and the couple above it are in a garden that surrounds the Smithsonian Castle. Can you say......."OUCH!"

2 comments:

I'm Jenny said...

Wow! What an awesome trip and a neat opportunity!! The boys were awfully scary at the Haunted Woods. I will show you some pics...

'Ole Lisa said...

Hunter has already told me that I have to put some on the blog of him and Jordan. Thanks for keeping an eye on him.