Monday, October 27, 2008

Washington D.C.

Well, Jeff's parent's just finished their mission in the Washington D.C. Temple and they flew us back there so that we could drive with them home. (Jeff took them out last fall and flew home so that they could have a car there) It was great but I got a really bad head cold and chills the day before we left and I didn't feel all that great. I had an ear ache and basically felt rotten. I considered staying home because I didn't want to give it to his parents. I'm glad that I didn't because it was a wonderful trip. We got there on Saturday the 18th and that evening we did a session at the temple. It is absolutely beautiful and this was the sight when we came around the corner that evening. Jeff's parents officiated in the session that we went to and honestly at times it was a bit challenging to keep our little peepers open.

On Sunday Jeff and I went into D.C. We are so glad that we had a "GARMIN" to show us what roads to take. I did get a little sick of the tone of her voice when we would make a wrong or different turn. "Recalculating"! Behind my head you can see the original Smithsonian Castle. There are several buildings now and you could spend days and days there. The only bad thing is the parking. If you are lucky you can find one for 3 hours but you have to go and move it every 3 hours or a parking meter that costs $2.00 for 2 hours and you are always running back to it to feed it more quarters. We walked a ton!
We were going to go to the White House and takes some pictures outside of it and there were helicopters flying all over and the streets were blocked off. This is as close as we got......so look really carefully between the trees and you can see it.

We went to the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum. I will have several pictures of it on the blog.

One of the neat airplanes.


2 comments:

FRYER FAM said...

it looks like you had an amazing trip. jordan & i used to live in D.C. area for 2 summers. i enjoyed all of the history & the temple is one of my very favorites. we also traveled to the church history sites & niagra falls on our way home the last year. i am so glad you got to do all of that.

Zach and Nikky said...

Isn't D.C. awesome?! I'm glad you guys had a good time!